One-on-One Sewing Time
Have a sewing project you’re stuck on or never started?
- Have a sewing machine you wish you knew how to use?
Want to learn to sew?
- Want to expand your sewing skills?
- Want someone to teach your child to sew?
Want to learn how to do your own mending?
- Want to learn how to do your own alterations?
- Want to learn how to make your own patterns?
Sewing is a useful and rewarding skill. As a slow fashion workshop, we want to be a resource to the community for those who wish to learn more about sewing or need help with a project.
For an hourly rate we will work through your project with you in our workshop or provide lessons customized to what you want to learn and/or accomplish.
You should know that quilting is not our area of expertise, but we can help with all kinds of other projects, such as curtains, pillows, stuffed animals, doll clothes, reusable shopping bags, and of course, clothing. We can work on both hand and machine sewing, and we also have a treadle sewing machine for those who want to bridge the gap between the two.
- Once we receive your order, we will contact you for scheduling.
- Use our sewing machines or bring your own.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Purchase time in one-hour increments. Unused time will be refunded by rounding to the nearest half hour. If you are unsure of how much time you need, start with one hour and we can discuss your project and add on as needed.
- Discounts available for multiple people. Contact us for more info.
- We have some fabric in-house, which may be purchased by the yard. Any other fabrics or notions needed for projects, must be sourced and purchased by the customer separately. We will not go fabric hunting for you.
- All lessons/projects are done in our workshop. We will not come to your home.