Blue Hill Area
We can handle most of your alteration needs and keep your favorite garments in circulation with standard or creative repairs. And if you want to learn to do it yourself, just ask, we’d be glad to teach you.
Locally we offer a variety of sewing services:
Clothing Alterations & Repairs
One-on-One Sewing Lessons
Small Group Classes
Note: We are closed all public holidays in Maine. Click here for a list of them.
Alterations & Repairs
We do most standard clothing alterations:
- Bridesmaid - hemming/bodice work
- Prom - hemming/bodice work
- Bridal - some bridal (call to discuss)
- Hemming - all types (pants, skirts, dresses, shirts)
- Taking in
- Letting out (as the garment allows)
- Suit Pants - hemming/taking in/out
- Suit Jackets - some alterations
Alterations and repairs are billed at fees typical for the industry (you can Google "alterations pricing").
Clothes must be clean when brought in for alteration or repair.
Hemming pants or dresses/skirts - If the item needs to be tried on to find the correct length, please bring the shoes you plan to wear with them, as that affects the length.
Solo Lessons & Small Group Classes
Tangle Syx offers solo lessons customized to what you want to learn and small group classes centered around projects or specific topics. If there is a class you'd like us to offer let us know!
You should know that quilting is not our area of expertise, but we can help with all kinds of other projects, such as curtains, pillows, stuffed animals, doll clothes, reusable shopping bags, and of course, clothing. We can work on both hand and machine sewing, and we also have a treadle sewing machine for those who want to bridge the gap between the two.
Things We Do Not Work On
- Custom Sewing (though we do some small projects)
- Upholstery (pillow covers of normal weight fabrics are ok)
- Heavy Duty Items (backpacks, couch cushions, etc.)
- Outdoor Items (cushions, covers, tents, sails, etc.)
For work on heavy duty items we recommend Sew Rugged who is also in Blue Hill.